Dedicated to looking at your needs when finding the best
coverage for your insurance dollar
Doug Smithson Insurance is an independent insurance agent who represents many different insurance carriers to help you
find the best coverage for your needs. He will help you to choose the
best plans for every aspect of your life from your business insurance
to personal insurance.
Service Excellence, Experienced and Educated.
Over the past 30 years, Doug Smithson has helped more than 4000 insurance customers just like you to choose the best coverage for their family and has assisted them in their claims process. Doesn't it feel good to have someone with so much experience help you with your insurance needs?
Learn more about Doug Smithson >
Why Use an Independent Insurance Agent?
- Unlike other agents, an independent insurance agent is not tied to one insurance company. You don’t need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- An independent insurance agent treats you like a person, not a number. You can develop a personal relationship with your independent insurance agent. Your independent insurance agent has strong customer and community ties.
- An independent insurance agent offers one-stop shopping. Dealing with a direct response company or a captive agent limits you to the plans available through only one company. An independent insurance agent offers many plans through many companies, giving the consumer the potential for the broadest range of coverage at a competitive price. One call puts you in touch with someone who can do the comparison shopping for you.
An independent insurance agent provides personalized claims service. When you purchase insurance from a direct response company or a captive agent, who is going to assist you in the event of a claim? Your independent insurance agent is there for you when you need help. You agent can contact the insurance company and get the claim process rolling, help you fill out claim forms, advise you on the progress of your claim and work closely with the insurance company to make sure you get a prompt and fair settlement of a valid claim.
- A complete analysis of your insurance needs
- The design of a responsible protection program for you
- The selection of a company or companies best suited to your situation(s)
- Presentation of a competitively priced proposal
- Moving quickly to obtain fair and prompt settlements of your claim(s)
- Periodic review of the adequacy of your insurance program
- Looking for ways to save you money